We’ve all had it rough this year. After having Covid a couple months ago, I can confirm that I’m on hiatus from art. Not for much longer, and I’m still actively creating, just so much so that not much is being posted.
And honestly, I’m even surprised I’m writing this right now.
I’m tired, I feel weak, and I’ve just moved jobs. (Premium members will hear all about that monstrocity in January *wink, wink*).
But, I’m here – Queer and Plus Sized – and I want to tell you a few things.
- It’s okay not to be okay.
- 2020 has been the worst year for most of us since we were born. I’m 23, I’ve been through a lot of shit – but this year is still my worst.
- It’s okay to feel tired. You may not be able to do much right now, but we’re all so emotionally exhausted.
- Don’t go near someone with a green and sunflower lanyard – we’re vulnerable and can’t always wear a mask. Be respectful and kind, back the fuck up.
- When coughing, COVER YOUR DAMN MOUTH PLEASE.
I know that you probably didn’t need the last one, I just needed to say it because as someone working in an office in the middle of Wakefield – I hate the fact that I can’t leave my building without people COUGHING on me. We’re in the middle of a pandemic, that is spread by coughing majoritively. Please, cover your mouth. It’s bad enough that people don’t recognise the disability lanyard – but also having people just walking around, coughing and spluttering without a mask and not covering their mouth in any way… It just annoys me.
I’d like to promise that I’ll be back to writing regularly soon. But if I’m honest, I’m not yet sure. I’ll try my best, I’ll get back into the swing of it eventually. I’m now using a planner and a journal – so hopefully that will keep me on track.
Wish me luck!
Have a good winter holiday, and please stay safe.
Hey! I’m Teddy Gutierrez. I am a Non-Binary, Asexual, Panromantic Nerd from the United Kingdom. Let’s have some fun!